Thursday, February 28, 2008

Get Back to Where You Once Belonged

Upon seeing that the Kansas City Chiefs had released Ty Law (courtesy of ESPN’s bottom line, a lifesaver, as always), I immediately turned to my roommate and said “he’s going back to New England.” I have nothing to base this on. I do not know if it is already the consensus around the league that Law will once again be a Patriot. I just know three things about the man:

1) He was a great fit in his first stint with the Patriots (just ask Peyton Manning).

2) He still has some game.

3) He has become a wily old veteran.

Law will fit right back in with New England; there is no doubt in my mind. When you consider his past success coupled with the success the Patriots have had with signing seasoned players, it is an absolute no-brainer. It would be nice to see him end up in Dallas (for the right price, that is), but I can not see him with any logo other than the Flying Elvis on his helmet next season.

No comments: