Monday, April 21, 2008

More Concert Ramblings

Notes from the Concert:

--Conspicuously absent from the set list: "For the Longest Time," "Tell Her About It," and, the ultimate guilty pleasure song, "Uptown Girl."

--While describing a pending song, Joel humorously noted "this next song doesn't mean a damn thing...but the kids I wrote it for all passed their history exams." I hope you guessed what song he refers to, but just in case, he was talking about "We Didn't Start the Fire."

--Immediately following the final note of "Don't Go Changing," Joel paused briefly and wryly snapped "...and then we got divorced." A humorous note on his history with the subject of this song.

--While prepping the audience for the next song, a tune which he implied was sub-par, Joel mentioned getting bomb-sniffing dogs, because "they would smell this song and go 'whoo! Don't put that one out, Billy."

--At the outset of the concert, Billy apologized to the half of the arena he had his back to on the arena, but noted that "it could be worse, you could be seated in front of my face. Seriously though, you must be thinking 'is this Billy's dad? Is the real Billy home...brushing his hair?" A funny nod to his bald look.

--An edgier bald joke: "I may have less hair now, but it only means that I'm getting more head."

--Pointing out the far end of the arena: "I want to thank all the audience members over their in Toledo for coming out tonight. I really do appreciate you occupying even the cheapest of seats, because...well...I, uh...I need the money."

No comments: