Thursday, April 24, 2008

Random Musings, Vol. 2

--My favorite part of Washington's 36 point victory over: In the midst of the blowout, King James strolled to the foul line to a chorus of "OVERRATED!" chants...and promptly clanked his free throw.

--This thought literally popped into my head, as I just put it together that the Energy Solutions Arena took the sponsor's mantle from Delta Airlines. I might be wrong, but didn't Delta go bankrupt? If so, would that not be the ultimate scenario for any ball club whose stadium naming rights are tied up to a sponsor? Think about it. Team gets paid. Sponsor goes bankrupt. Team finds new sponsor. Team gets paid again.

--I'm calling it here first: If Pac-Man Jones struggles through next year, expect the Cowboys to kidnap Jones, take him to a strip club, and have an undercover agent open fire with a guy containing Pac-Man's fingerprints.

--I hope to God that anyone and everyone reading this has seen the video put together by the Inside the NBA crew, spoofing Kobe Bryant's Aston Martin jump, substituting Kenny Smith as the leaper. Youtube it if you haven't.

--Anyone else remember when Shane Battier had his hair cut a little too short? And he looked like an alien?

--You'll have to be very persuasive to convince me that Mehmet Okur does anything in practice besides jacking up three pointers and putting down Yodels.

--Sadly, these past few ramblings have been of lower quality than usual. Ergo, I'm signing off. One last piece of information to get to: NATHAN DON'T WASTE YOUR VOTE! LISTEN TO ME! Sorry if you are reading this and lost, but the person I'm trying to reach will know what I'm talking about.

No comments: