Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Random Musings, Vol. 1

--Okay, so if Game 1 of the Celtics/Hawks series resulted in a 104-81 Boston win, and game two once again went the way of the leprechaun, 96-77, what can we surmise? Well, nothing is guaranteed in the playoffs, but you can be damn sure that come game seven, Atlanta will be favored by a point. Just wait until they uncork the ass-kicking they have in store for the C's by the time game ten rolls around.

--I don't hate anyone, but I basketball-hate Linas Kleiza (or should it be a general "sports-hate?"). Why must he decide to have career games against the Los Angeles Lakers? Granted, it has not yet translated into any overall success in the victory department, but I do not enjoy seeing him show off his confusingly deep repertoire.

--A message for any and all university advisors who may be reading this post: JUST TAKE THE DAMN HOLD OFF MY RECORD! I CAN SCHEDULE NEXT YEAR'S CLASSES MYSELF!

Read bracketed text for an extended rant if so desired: [JUST BECAUSE YOU CHOSE A CAREER THAT AMOUNTS TO DECIPHERING ELEMENTARY SCHEDULING CONFLICTS FOR EIGHT A DAY, DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN JERK ME AROUND BECAUSE I DID NOT CREATE A LIST OF DESIRED CLASSES! GIVE ME YOUR INPUT IF YOU WANT, BUT I KNOW THE REQUIREMENTS FOR MY MAJOR AND I'M GOING TO GO HOME AND CHANGE THINGS TO MY LIKING ANYWAY!]

--Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping for a sweep, but I do loves me some Allen Iverson.

--Question: If Sasha Vujacic can pull of the hairnet look while retaining some sense of masculinity, why can't Andre Miller?

--Finally, a belated congratulations to Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton. A double-digit victory in state where you were outspent over three to one is just the jumpstart you need. Ride this wave all the way to the nomination--and beyond...

No comments: