Friday, April 25, 2008

Two Playoff Ponderings

As I watch the potential coming out party of the Philadelphia 76ers, two thoughts come to mind (and yes, I realize we are in the midst of Game 3 of a 1-1 seven game series):

--I am extremely happy for Mo Cheeks. This guy cemented his "good-guy" status when he went to center court to help a flustered girl make it through the pre-game national anthem. I am glad to see him back with a competitive team that is on the rise.

--At the other end of the spectrum, I feel sorry for the Flip Saunders. He got hosed in Minnesota and he is about to get hosed again by a bunch of prima-donnas who feel like they are entitled to another title based on their 'greatness.' (Even if they end up prevailing against the 76ers, it'll take an act of God--or a Garnett injury--to keep them from losing to Boston in a presumptive series...and even then, I don't know if they are a slam-dunk to win.) One has to wonder, though, will this open the door for a Detroit/Larry Brown reunion? I'm calling it right now!

No comments: