Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Conan O'Brien Double-Take

Fully aware that watching this program while a hotly contested NCAA tournament game was taking place might be considered blasphemy to some, I proudly proclaim (nice alliteration!) that I saw Conan O'Brien being interviewed by Jay Leno on The Tonight Show. Needless to say, it was bizarre. I flipped to NBC, saw that beautiful, Irish god, and thought to myself 'but...Conan?...it's not 12:37...'

And it wasn't 12:37.

But it was good.

And I was happy for two reasons:

1) I got to see Conan twice tonight.

and

2) Considering how tense the Leno-to-Conan Tonight Show takeover has been described through the media, it was nice to see these two men sharing a lighthearted moment. To some, it may have been a chubby guy with a big chin interviewing a goofy bastard, but to me, it represented a television legend passing the torch on to his successor in a delicate fashion.

No comments: