Thursday, March 20, 2008

Oh Charles, Thy Make Me Laugh, Sir

In case you have not watched much television as of late, a new Charles Barkley/Dwyane Wade "Fave Five" spot has been airing. In the latest chronicle of Chuck's escapades, the Round Mound of Rebound interrupts Wade during a press conference to ask the Heat guard to pick him up some socks.

Here's why I am even bringing the commercial up:

At this point, Barkley can make me laugh by doing anything. The latest ad features a terrible combination of cheese and plot (I know, it sounds funny to talk about a commercial's plot). But it doesn't matter. As long as you have Chuck sitting on his ass and inconveniencing Wade, I'm going to laugh. In just a few short years working for TNT, Barkley has elevated himself into the elite group of people who can laugh by doing anything (joining such notable alums as Will Ferrell; that's right, bitches, I loved "Semi-Pro"). And if you've seen the latest spot, I do mean anything.

I am of the opinion that TNT could send the ol' Chuckster over to Darfur to cover the genocide and Sir Charles would still have me laughing my ass off:

(And I like to picture this scenario taking place over a satelite phone with a very grainy feed; and let's not forget Barkley looking around all over the place)

"Hey Ernie, I just stepped over a ditch filled with three, month-old corpses...and every single one of 'em is better lookin' than you. Oh, and Kenny, I just ran into a little kid; I couldn't understand a damn word he said, he seemed awful hungry, but I'll be damned if he wasn't funnier than you."

...

I assure you, this is a lot funnier by word of mouth.

No comments: